Mauro Martino is a scientist and artist who focuses on information technology related to exploration, dissemination and sharing of knowledge. He uses artificial intelligence to explore and enhance understanding of the world, transforming any type of information, whether it is visual, acoustic, or semantic, into interactive tools that are beautiful and simple to use. His projects have been shown at international festivals including Ars Electronica, TEDx Cambridge THRIVE, RIXC Art Science Festival, TEDx Riga. Martino’s award-winning software-based work has been exhibited in America, Europe, and Asia, including in The Serpentine Gallery (London), GAFTA (San Francisco), Lincoln Center (New York), “kim?” Contemporary Art Centre (Riga). He received the Innovation by Design Award 2016 by Fast Company, Kantar Information is Beautiful Award 2016, The 2016 Vizzies Visualization Challenge by National Science Foundation and Popular Science, Gold Medal in Data visualization at the Kantar Information is beautiful awards 2015, and finalist at The 2015 Vizzies Visualization Challenge, to name the most recent awards.
- No Events
- NUVis/Roux Institute: Workshop on Celebrating Diversity in Visualization on August 4, 2021
- Spring 2019 Demofest on April 25, 2019 12:00 pm
- Steven Franconeri – Thinking with Visualizations, Fast and Slow on April 8, 2019 12:00 pm
- Zachary Lieberman on April 2, 2019 1:00 pm
- Khoury Distinguished Lecture Series – Hanspeter Pfister on March 22, 2019 11:45 am